The United Way of Vermillion was founded in 1956 by local citizens who wanted to work together to build a better community. As we look towards the future, we envision a community that is stronger, more coordinated in its network of resources, and ultimately more self-sufficient.
To provide all residents within the Vermillion area a coordinated network of care, support, and resources that will support individual empowerment, cultivate and engage youth through enriching childhood experiences, and address targeted areas of need, thereby creating a stronger more self-sufficient community.
To be a leader in the Vermillion area through coordination and support of accessible services that make best use of our community’s assets and resources, and impact our identified, targeted areas of need. We will ensure basic needs (food, shelter, transportation, and clothing) are met, laying the foundation for:
• empowered individuals and families working towards self-sufficiency,
• enhanced childhood experiences for all children in the community,
• improved livelihood, and
• lasting, positive community change.
- We foster coordinated community impact through relationships with agencies, businesses, and individuals of shared vision.
- We directly support a network that serves individuals and families in our community through all ages and stages of their life.
- We are a trusted fiscal agent that responsibly stewards the dollars entrusted to us for the benefit of the Vermillion community.
- We present a unified voice in the Vermillion community and advocate for the betterment of our residents.
- We create pathways for children that provide educational, enriching, and memorable activities, ensuring that all children have a quality childhood experience in our community.
- We ensure that our next generation will thrive, and will set them up for success.
View our latest 990 here.